December 16, 2010

Santa & Me

I wasn't sure if Gavin would want to see Santa this year because he told me several times, "I scared a Santa". I think it may have been due to the fact that I kept telling him that he had to listen to Mommy & Daddy because Santa is watching him. I didn't mean to scare him! I just wanted to give him some extra motivation to be a bit more co-operative!

Also, I think it freaked him out that Santa comes at night. He went through a few weeks where every night at bedtime he would tell me, "No Santa" and I would have to reassure him that no, Santa is not coming. One night I even heard him talking in his sleep, "No Santa! No Santa Mommy! No Santa comin!"

I felt like I traumatized the poor kid!

Then the ads started coming on TV for the Santa Clause Parade and Gavin was really into it. Whenever he heard the bells jingling he would run to the TV and want to see Santa. We watched the parade on TV (Lame, I know, but I didn't feel like braving the cold and the crowds) and he was really excited when Santa finally made his appearance.

Then he got the special Message from Santa. I think that was the definite turning point. HE LOVED IT! He started insisting that he wanted to see Santa. I brought out the pictures of him and Santa from the previous years and he loved looking at them and kept telling me that he wanted to sit on Santa's lap.

Here is my all time favourite. My baby Gavin in 2008. I love how Santa is holding his arm :)


And last year. A little unsure... (I can't really blame him. Santa looks a little less jolly than the previous year)


With Gavin's new attitude we decided to go for it! Shockingly, there was NO LINE on a Friday evening! I couldn't believe it. And Gavin went right up to Santa and sat on his lap and asked him for a Tonka Racer. Getting him to smile was a different story, but he wasn't scared....more in awe of the big guy.

Here is my big boy! Looking at these pictures, I can't believe how quickly he has grown!


After he got down, he wanted "More! More Santa! I want see Santa!"

So I think he has finally overcome his fear of Old St. Nick! And Santa may even bring him a Tonka Bounce Back Racer. Maybe even the red one that he asked for approximately 1 million times. IF he's a good boy, of course! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment