June 8, 2010

Daycare

So we have started the process of looking into daycare for Gavin. It feels so bittersweet! I'm looking forward to having more time to myself and the freedom to work more but I also feel sad about missing him while he's gone. All this time he has been home with me during the day with our awesome families watching him the odd time that John & I have shifts that overlap.

I can't say I'm not looking forward to having my mornings free. I feel like I need to organize my life! We are only going to put him in for half days but it will still be more time to myself than I have ever had since he was born! (feels like an eternity)

While I still feel sad about missing my baby, I know it is a positive thing for Gavin to go to daycare! I know the socialization aspect is exactly what he needs and it is such a wonderful place. They will be able to occupy him and teach him things in ways that we don't.

What I especially love about it, is that one of Gavin's CHAMP friends, Aiden, goes to the same center and his mom speaks sooo highly of it! She actually recommended it to me last year when we met them at our first CHAMP seminar. But I wasn't ready to send him to daycare until now. Thankfully I called them yesterday and they just had a spot open up in the senior toddler room. We went and visited today and I couldn't be more happy about it. I don't even want to go look at anywhere else.

I love that they are so great with Aiden and are already used to a child with a limb difference so its no big deal to them. They already know that it doesn't stop them from doing anything. They are great at encouraging independence and everyone is so friendly and welcoming.

I was just looking at their website and noticed that this is their mission statement.

"Committed to providing quality childcare to children, recognizing, respecting and celebrating their individual differences, special needs and diversity, in an environment full of fun, laughter and learning."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment