January 25, 2010

Holler if you hear me!

I was doing so well with finding the time to post every day or so. Then we got hit with a flu that didn't want to go down without a fight. Poor Gavin has had the worst of it. It is so hard having a sick child. I've been so worried about him. He has been such a trooper though and I have enjoyed all our extra cuddles. I just hope we are over the worst of it now! No more vomiting please. I can't handle any more laundry!!

So since I haven't had the time or energy to piece together a coherent thought, I'm going to turn the tables on you guys. Is anyone reading this thing anyway? I challenge everyone (whether I know you or not!) to comment below with at least one question. It can be about Gavin, me, our life in general.... its up to you. But I promise to answer them all honestly! If you can't think of a question, comment with a topic you would like me to write about. Its just nice to know that people are reading and I'm not talking to a brick wall. So comment with your question(s) and I will respond with my answers! And don't try to pretend you didn't read this and just continue on with your day without commenting. I will know!! (OK, so maybe I won't, but just do it out of the goodness of your heart, OK?!)

9 comments:

  1. Ooh. Hhhm.

    One serious one, about how to talk with a child about his difference:

    When I volunteered with disabled children, I always found something very difficult. We go out of our way to encourage the child to dream just like any other child, that they can do anything. But then we had to tell a 17-year old boy with cerebral palsy that no, actually. You can be whatever you want, as long as it isn't a fighter pilot (his dream job) and it broke his heart. Have you thought about how you will discuss it with Gavin when he is older, that some physical jobs might not be open to him because of practicalities? I'm sure though, that as his mama you are kinda thrilled he won't be allowed to be an infantryman!

    And a frivolous-for-Megan one: if you could be anything in the world, do any job purely because it was your passion rather than having to worry about $, what would it be?

    hope the vomitting is slowing down in your house - what a time of it you have had!

    Axx

    anna-disgrace.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely have to get the boys together more often. I want to take them to Funnelz, it's only $5 and they have a toddler room! I think we're going for the first time tomorrow with Lucius so I will scope it out! And I'm definitely in for the babysitting, I know you have the Daley's but it does go both ways :) We're going to take you up on that offer very soon! We're short on babysitters these days :(

    I don't really have a question...I'll think about it today! Oh I know, do you plan on signing up Gav for any sports once he gets a bit older and if so, which one(s)? Soccer for sure of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the tits are you having another little beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to hear more about your signing! I think it's so cool that Gavin signs to you, and would love to learn more about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say I love you guys. That's all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie, no question at the moment, just wanted you to know I've been following along. Oh and I just want to say you should be proud of what a great Mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has Gavin learned the word "no" yet? It is now Edie's favourite thing to say! Not just one "no", either. It's like she sings it in a song. She'll do something she's not suppose to, like climb the closed off fireplace, all the while looking at us saying "no, no, no".....TROUBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm completely drawing a blank as to what to ask.
    I'll try and come up with something later on though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm finally getting around to posting comments - i have been following since the beginning! :o)
    my question - how do you think you will handle having a child with two hands? and how will you talk to gavin about the difference between him and his sibling(s)?
    (this is something that i'm curious about for us too.)

    ReplyDelete